TAT FOR NEW PATIENTS
Your first session, what to expect, and what to do.
1. The first thing you do is identify the problem and everything related to it.
2. We bundle it up and put it into the “Pot” (a metaphorical container where the problem is placed).
3. The intention of the session is made.
4. You do the TAT pose along with the Steps of TAT.
5. You somehow feel different about your problem and you no longer have any emotional attachment to it.
VERY IMPORTANT FOR YOU TO GET
It’s important while you’re in the TAT pose that you just “be” with the statement given to you by the therapist. No need to intellectualize or “try to figure out” what it means. Allow yourself to be as a leaf in a river going with the flow, and just notice what happens.